Corn syrup is made up of corn. There is a large amount of glucose in corn. This glucose is pure and extracted from corn. After extraction, a concentrated, soft, and sticky syrup is left, pure glucose. Corn syrup has two types available in shops and online stores: light corn syrup and dark corn syrup. Their names are due to the colors of both types of corn syrup. The flavor of light corn syrup is vanilla, and dark corn syrup’s flavor is molasses, creating a more prosperous, sweet, and caramel taste.
Bulk corn syrup is not good for your health. It may surprise you. How bad it is to you depends on the type of corn with which bulk corn syrup you are using. High fructose corn syrup is used in processed foods that harm human health.
In this article, we will discuss how to make bulk corn syrup at home. We will discuss the method of making bulk corn syrup at home. Read the full article to get the correct information about the method of making bulk corn syrup.
Making Bulk Corn Syrup at Home
Making corn syrup is not an easy job. It is only made of sugar, water, cream of tartar, and lemon juice. This paste is cooked up to it gains thicker. It is sweet, precisely like corn syrup. There are some substitutes for corn syrup, i.e., rice syrup and golden syrup. But corn syrup is best. These syrups have different shapes from corn syrup. Corn syrups are created from refined corn starch. We treat the wet starch to acid or enzymatic hydrolysis, which transfigures the starch into dextrose, maltose, and dextrins.
List of Ingredients for making Bulk Corn Syrup at Home
Here is the list of ingredients needed to make bulk corn syrup.
- 2 to 2.5 cups of sugar
- 2 to 2.5 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 or 1/3 cup of cream tartar
- 3/4 cup of water
List of the steps to make Bulk Corn Syrup at Home
- Add all ingredients ( water, lemon juice, cream of tartar, and sugar and salt ). You have to use a saucepan with a heavy bottom.
- Keep the saucepan on the stove at medium flame
- Cook the mixture until the sugar dissolves fully
- Once the sugar is dissolved, low the flame and boil this mixture gently for 20 minutes.
- Stop the mixture from boiling when it becomes thick
- When the syrup gets concentrated, please remove it from the stove
- Now keep this mixture in cold water to cool it fastly
- After completing the process of cooling
- Now you can use the syrup for cooking purposes
- It is compulsory to keep it in an airtight jar
- Store it at average room temperature
How Long can we Store this Homemade Bulk Corn Syrup?
There are no preservatives used in this mixture. So it can be kept for a long time. We may store it for up to 3 months. When you prepare a batch of corn syrup, then you may use it for all your cooking needs.
This article talked about how to make bulk corn syrup at home. This article will be helpful to you in your research.